Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Automotive
 lift kit question >

lift kit question

Community
Automotive No hunter is complete without a hunting rig. Find all your automotive needs here.

lift kit question

Old 04-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default lift kit question

I am looking for a 2-4" lift kit for a 1990 jeep cherokee sport,
not turning it into a rock crawler,
just want to better handle some off road trails,
my current suspension is shot, and since it needs work, figured its time for a lift kit,
this would be my first lifted jeep,
anyone have any suggestions as to which kit?
or anything i should be concerned about with an older jeep?
Old 04-20-2005, 03:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: lift kit question

dont bother with super lift they arent as strong as most others the strongest kits would be either pro comp or rancho, I highly reccomend rancho.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:09 PM

I agree , Rancho makes a descent lift . Very sturdy , all inclusive when it comes to parts , upgrades available , easy install . I have used rancho , pro comp , superlift on different types of vehicles and have always been happiest with the rancho equipment .
Old 04-24-2005, 07:17 PM

i would get the rancho lift kit becauase i currently have a 4inch pro comp lift on my 2004 ford f150 and the lift sux it squeeks it rattles ,it is only 1 year old factory installed so nothing was installed wrong constantly replacing bushings and other parts on the lift and it has NOT been abused i just dont think it holds up compared to the rancho
Old 04-30-2005, 01:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Nice signature.
Chuck
Old 04-30-2005, 10:03 PM

I have a trail master 4" in my Wrangler...kicks azz...no problems in the 2 years I have had it in...although I did switch up to pro-comp shocks when it was time.

Concerns on an older Jeep are going to be dependent on the tire size you go to...with a Cherokee and 4" of lift...unless you plan on cutting fenders the most you will get is a 33" tire...do the gearing and the axles should be fine. You go to a 35" tire ( I did) and you will really want to consider changing axles... Choices will be plentiful...I went with a dana 44 up front and Ford 8.8 in the rear w/ 4.10 gearing. If it is going to be a daily driver stay at 33" tires...trust me...

If you need any help with Jeep links, or have any questions...email me at [email protected]

IT"S A JEEP THING...I UNDERSTAND!

Frankie
Old 05-18-2005, 11:41 PM

Check out www.NAXJA.com and ask about the budget boost kits. Or just order a quadratec catalog and order the 1.5" shackles and spacers or the 2.5" add a leaf kits, OR just fork over some $$ and get a complete system for about $500
I on the other hand am ordering the 1.5" shackle and spacer kit for $129.95 to go on my jeep.