Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Automotive
 99 Ford f 150 EGR Problem >

99 Ford f 150 EGR Problem

Community
Automotive No hunter is complete without a hunting rig. Find all your automotive needs here.

99 Ford f 150 EGR Problem

Old 08-13-2008, 04:07 PM

Default 99 Ford f 150 EGR Problem

I've had this problem from day one, Now my extended warranty is out and I have to pay to fix this. Anyone out here ever had this problem.

Ducs and Bucs
Old 08-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 99 Ford f 150 EGR Problem

Whatsit doing?Have you had the codes read? Does it affect driveability or just make the light come on? The F-150's have an EGR valve, and 2 EGR sensors. One of the sensors senses pressure differential (DPFE sensor) and the other sensor sensesEGR flow.A lot of the codes are typically caused by faulty hoses going to the DPFE sensor or the sensor itself. These are located on the driver side of theair plenum under the black cover in the center top of the engine. Make sure the hoses are in good condition. If they are, have the codes pulled and a scanner can test the sensors while still on the truck. If its just a check engine light and not affect the way it runs, its not going to hurt to run it.