Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Automotive
 Chevy Avalanche >

Chevy Avalanche

Community
Automotive No hunter is complete without a hunting rig. Find all your automotive needs here.

Chevy Avalanche

Old 01-28-2007, 03:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default Chevy Avalanche

Hey all,
I'm looking to buy an '02-'03 Chevrolet Avalanche in the next couple of months. I was wondering if anyone had one, and if so, what do you think of it?
Old 01-29-2007, 05:24 PM

Default RE: Chevy Avalanche

They are the coolest thing on wheels, I ad a crew cab with a long box and I had to buy an extra 20 acres just to turn it around, with the Avalanche you get the best of both worlds, passenger space and cargo space. Maybe I'm a little biased cause I work at a Chevy dealer but if you haven't driven one, DRIVE ONE! You will absolutely fall in love.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:53 AM

I bought a 2003 Avalance last Janurary. Got to tell you that it is the best truck I have ever drove. It rides great and the gas mileage is pretty sweet for a V8 truck too. I get about 16 or 17 city and 20 to 21 Highway. Its not the 4 wheel drive version but its the Z66 package. I don't really have a use for the 4 wheel drive where I live and for what I do. Just be careful if you get the model with the plastice front and rear bumpers. I was Turkey hunting last March and I was driving through the open fields and bottomed out and cracked the rear bumper. It's a one piece deal and expensive to replace. i would reccomend that you get the chrome version or buy a ARB or heavy duty rear bumper. Pulls the camper and the boats just fine as well. Let me know if you have any questions. I am going to trade this one in for a '07 Avalanche or a 07' Tahoe. I'm thinking Avalance though...
Old 01-30-2007, 02:41 PM
Typical Buck

How does the z66 suspension measure up against the others. I do alot of highway driving, and like a smooth ride.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:42 PM

I have an '02 with the Z-71 package and LOVE it. The ride is great, plenty of leg/head room, and I love the fact that the bed is watertight. It has that heavy cover that can be removed, and a lock on the tailgate. When we go shopping on the weekends, I don't have to worry about putting the stuff in the back seat. I have even washed my truck with groceries in the back, and not a drop of water in their when I'm done. And gas mileage is pretty good. I average 18.5mpg and that is city/hwy combined. Good luck
Old 02-10-2007, 02:06 PM

Just installed a Flowmaster system on my avalanche. Sounds great.