Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Automotive
 Diesel Truck Opinions! >

Diesel Truck Opinions!

Community
Automotive No hunter is complete without a hunting rig. Find all your automotive needs here.

Diesel Truck Opinions!

Old 10-13-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Diesel Truck Opinions!

Need help deciding! Chevy, Ford, Dodge? And why is it your pick! Please help! Thanks!
Old 10-13-2005, 05:40 PM

Default RE: Diesel Truck Opinions!

i would choose the Dodge with the commins because diesel engines is all commins builds,not like Ford or GM witch only builds a few,unless you buy a GMTopkick witch you can geta CAT in it!!! jeff
Old 10-13-2005, 09:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

being a diesel Mech.. I would only have to say.. Stay away from Chevy.... I own a Powerstroke and love it! Had a cummins and is was okay too..
Old 10-13-2005, 10:38 PM

We have the duramax diesel, never had a problem go with the crewcab long box lt, rides like a caddy, we can tow 1300lbs on a 70mph cruise control over the pass....that tells ya something... btw.... chevy > ford and dodge
Old 10-14-2005, 10:50 AM

I have a2004 F-350 SRW Lariat w/6.0 litre Power Stroke and Torque-Flite 5-speed auto transmission. It will pull anything, anywhere and do it in luxurious fashion. The last 3 trucks I've had have been Ford diesels, and I wouldn't have anything else. I don't have anything against Dodge or Chevy, just don't have any experience with them. Good luck.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:50 PM

Dodge all the way, the Cumins is a tough act to follow. I have owned 2 of them now and the only problems where items other than that motor. Best HP and tourque if you get the HO option. If I had to pick a second it would be the Ford for sure but the GM stuff scares me. . .
Old 10-16-2005, 01:21 PM

No doubt the Cummins, everyone I know who owns one has had zero problems and still runs like the day it was bought. (No suprise coming from dodge) The best motor every made IMO

Besides, Id rather be a Cummin then a Stroken
Old 10-18-2005, 06:15 PM

I have a 94.5 Direct Injection (first powerstroke) Ford and love it. Just turned over 100k on it, and these older Powerstrokes are awesome trucks.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:05 AM
Fork Horn

chevy duramax unless you like to wear ear plugs just stand close to a ford or a dodge and you will hear what i mean
Old 10-23-2005, 05:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

CHEVY: Best auto. trans./weakest motor (in my opinion)

FORD: Good auto and man. trans/fine motor too.

DODGE; Best motor (especially favorable if you want to do HP add-ons)/good man. trans (but not so hot auto trans)

If I were doing a brand new 2005/6 I would go Ford w/ auto trans. IMHO

Quick Reply: Diesel Truck Opinions!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.