Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Automotive
 What Battery / Charger should I get >

What Battery / Charger should I get

Community
Automotive No hunter is complete without a hunting rig. Find all your automotive needs here.

What Battery / Charger should I get

Old 07-22-2005, 09:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default What Battery / Charger should I get

Just bought a boat. I need to know what 12V battery is best, and what charger I should get for it.

Thanks in advance

bnhcomputing
Old 07-24-2005, 04:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What Battery / Charger should I get

Optima makes a great battery. It's a dry cell, no fluid. They also make them for marine use. however the only differance between the marine and a reg batt. besides the top terminals is the resivour at the bottom of the inside of the battery (acid filled types). Marines have a deeper resivour to collect the sediment that is shed during the recharging cycle. As for charging. any slow charge rate charger will work. You never want to charge a battery fast, overheating will occur and battery life will deminish. As a general rule of thumb, batteries like to be charged at the same rate they were discharged, so slow charging is the best, Expect up to 24 hours on a 2 or 4 amp charge rate to fully recharge your battery. One other note, after a battery has been fully discharged, it will only charge back to 80% of it's previous charge. a new fully charged battery will read 12.6 on a dvom, older ones may only get to 12.4 or 12.5. hope this helps.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What Battery / Charger should I get

This topic is posted in at least 3 forums. Please post topic in 1 forum only that is best suited for subject matter.