Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
2018 Squirrel Contest!! >

2018 Squirrel Contest!!

The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

2018 Squirrel Contest!!

Old 10-05-2018, 04:39 AM
  #31  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Bocajnala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Trumbull County, Ohio
Posts: 7,958
Default

Erno, could you show me a link where it says that in the regulations?

I see it's illegal to lean against a vehicle.
"
  • It is illegal to have a loaded air gun or firearm in, on or leaning against any vehicle. This includes ammunition in the magazine or a muzzleloader ready to fire."


-Jake
Bocajnala is offline  
Old 10-06-2018, 06:13 AM
  #32  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Marriottsville, Maryland
Posts: 1,058
Default

Originally Posted by Bocajnala View Post
Erno, could you show me a link where it says that in the regulations?

I see it's illegal to lean against a vehicle.
"
  • It is illegal to have a loaded air gun or firearm in, on or leaning against any vehicle. This includes ammunition in the magazine or a muzzleloader ready to fire."
-Jake
Good catch...Thanx -

Though I'm sorry...my bad --- I rechecked the Maryland hunting regulation book and you're correct --- My sincerest apologies to the poster/posters and this forum.

-Erno

Last edited by Erno86; 10-06-2018 at 07:11 AM. Reason: spelling
Erno86 is offline  
Old 10-06-2018, 06:32 AM
  #33  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Marriottsville, Maryland
Posts: 1,058
Default

But It's still good hunting safety protocol --- "to avoid leaning a loaded firearm up against a tree or anything else." --- Especially with a hunting dog running around. If if it falls over or slides down, it could fire.

"10 Rules of Safe Gun Handling"
Rule #3

http://www.nssf.org/safety/rules-firearms-safety/

Last edited by Erno86; 10-06-2018 at 07:45 AM. Reason: spelling
Erno86 is offline  
Old 10-06-2018, 07:22 AM
  #34  
Spike
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 53
Default

Shot 2 more this morning





Last edited by Bocajnala; 10-06-2018 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Added 2
john1984 is offline  
Old 10-06-2018, 10:08 AM
  #35  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Bocajnala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Trumbull County, Ohio
Posts: 7,958
Default

Originally Posted by Erno86 View Post
Good catch...Thanx -

Though I'm sorry...my bad --- I rechecked the Maryland hunting regulation book and you're correct --- My sincerest apologies to the poster/posters and this forum.

-Erno

Ya I understand what you're saying erno. Always best to be safe .
​​​​​​I was just curious if that law was actually printed somewhere. I've heard it before, especially the leaning against a vehicle part.

-Jake
Bocajnala is offline  
Old 10-07-2018, 08:00 AM
  #36  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Marriottsville, Maryland
Posts: 1,058
Default

Originally Posted by Bocajnala View Post
Ya I understand what you're saying erno. Always best to be safe .
​​​​​​I was just curious if that law was actually printed somewhere. I've heard it before, especially the leaning against a vehicle part.

-Jake
Here ya go: Look under..."Small Game Hunting Devices and Regulations" (which also includes the regulations on loaded crossbows}

http://www.eregulations.com/maryland...l-game-hunting

Last edited by Erno86; 10-07-2018 at 08:04 AM.
Erno86 is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 09:08 AM
  #37  
Spike
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 53
Default

A chilly morning in the 30s today. Killed 2 grays




Last edited by Bocajnala; 10-12-2018 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Added 2
john1984 is offline  
Old 10-14-2018, 08:16 AM
  #38  
Fork Horn
 
LONGHUNTER1750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: West Central Missouri
Posts: 243
Default

Another eight for team two this morning.


Last edited by Bocajnala; 10-14-2018 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Added 8
LONGHUNTER1750 is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 08:56 AM
  #39  
Fork Horn
 
LONGHUNTER1750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: West Central Missouri
Posts: 243
Default

Another one for team two and first blood for the new CZ.

Last edited by Bocajnala; 10-20-2018 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Added 1
LONGHUNTER1750 is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 09:47 AM
  #40  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Bocajnala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Trumbull County, Ohio
Posts: 7,958
Default

That's a great looking rifle!

-Jake
Bocajnala is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.