Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
Team 5 ~ Hang em High >

Team 5 ~ Hang em High

The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 5 ~ Hang em High

Old 05-23-2013, 01:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

No luck yet with any birds.. I am heading back out this morning and it is another rainy damp day.. This makes day 3 of this crappy weather.. I was planning on going tomorrow morning but the wife informed of something else going on. So unfortunately tomorrow is out of the question.. I will have 3 more mornings to hunt with next week and then my season will be ending.. I will have another year to wait so hopefully I can blast a cap pretty soon.. Thanks for the well wishes on blasting a cap on another bird..
Old 05-23-2013, 06:44 AM
Banned

you will get one Phil they are just being playful
Old 05-23-2013, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Keep at em Phil! I will see if I get out this weekend. Its at the end of the season and after 2 1/2 months of going out every weekend, I'm a little burned out. Went out last weekend, and I thought I posted it but I see I didn't but the birds must of had larengitis because I didn't hear anything. Cams show they are still around but I didn't see anything.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

I was messed up when I stated no hunting this morning.. The wife informed it is Saturday morning and I guess my days had run into each other or something.. LOL So I am heading out again shortly.. I did see a decent Tom yesterday but could not get a shot at him. I was travel up threw to my blind when I saw him with a hen. I stopped by the area on the way back and got 1 gobble out of him. Now it is raining again here! That is a pain but it is the weather.. Good Luck all that is still out there hunting these birds..
Old 05-24-2013, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think I will be getting a spring turkey...I have today and tomorrow then my season ends... Sorry for letting you guys down fellows...
Old 05-24-2013, 07:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Wilcam47
I don't think I will be getting a spring turkey...I have today and tomorrow then my season ends... Sorry for letting you guys down fellows...
Do not worry about letting the team down any.. The important thing is you tried to get one. But, if you get a chance to hunt another day or 2 that still can make a difference. Just enjoy your hunting.. Scoring one is only a bonus of a decent day out in the great outdoors!
Old 05-24-2013, 07:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well guys I am sorry to have let you all down as well. I tagged out this morning with a jake.. Story and pics to come later on today if I can get the time to get them up. He is 14 1/2 lbs with a 4 1/4 inch beard as well as 3/8 inch spurs.. So my hunting has now ended and at least we have another bird for our team. yes, it is another Eastern. Thanks for letting me stay on the team guys..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-24-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:43 AM
Banned

congrats phil
Old 05-24-2013, 09:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Here is the story and the pics..

Thanks snapper..

I had moved my blind yesterday after noticing some activity on the side of a mountain. I was able to get a gobble coming from that area and decided it would be a decent place to try it. This morning when I got up it was raining and figured no better place than my blind to hunt from. So I went up to my blind once the rain had let up some. Grab my decoys and proceeded to put them out and wouldn't you know it here comes the rain again. I got back into my blind wet and with my decoys set. It tried calling but heard nothing as the wind was picking up. The wind picked up with gusts up to 30mph. The rain really started coming down hard. I could see my decoys being spun around, bobbing and the like. I had set there for around 4 hours with no luck and decided to pick up once the rain stopped enough. So I picked up my decoys and put them back into my blind and started on out of there. I walked maybe 15 feet back down that mountain when all of a sudden 2 jakes went on a running right down below me. They were running right down the mountain and I decided I have had a great season anyways and decided to blast a cap on one. I had given one a night cap..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-24-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:53 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Not a big deal Wilcam, long as ya got out and enjoyed yourself that's all that matters!
Congrats Phil!! You didn't let anyone down! Filled yer tags and put up some good points for the team, nice work!
Mottz, if ya make it out this weekend good luck to ya! If not, don't blame ya! I can't imagine chasin birds still! Too much other playin to be done this time of year.
Starting to look like we're about done, not sure when the contest officially ends but it gotta be getting close. We had a great team this year and was a lot of fun, thanks guys! Just wish I coulda helped out a little bit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.