Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
Team 5 ~ Hang em High >

Team 5 ~ Hang em High

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 5 ~ Hang em High

Old 05-16-2013, 03:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks guys! I will be back at it in the morning to see if I can top the one I shot today! Now with some of the pressure off me maybe I can blast another cap soon! Hopefully it will score better.. But, for now I am happy with this one! Now I have 2 more weeks to get it done..

Good luck to all that is still out there hunting.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Phil and snapper, Great Job!!! Nice keepin at em, it sure paid off for you guys!! Seeing this just ends a great day for me. 1st thing this morning I called the local tv news andwas the5th caller so I won 4 tickets to Kansas City Worlds of fun, my son graduated kindergarten today, and just went out metal detecting my neighbors yard and found a 1901 Indian Head penny. And now your guys' victories...Awesome!!
Old 05-16-2013, 06:34 PM
Banned

Mottz i will trade u my birds for that 1901
Old 05-16-2013, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why would you want that snapper? I just looked up the value and I'm guessing it may be in the few bucks range. I'll try to get a pic up after its cleaned a little. That's definitely my oldest find.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks Mottz! I see you are having some luck as well! I hope you and the little fella has some fun at the Worlds of Fun,,

Snapper you sure make it sound awful easy.. LOL Have you got all the measurements and how much you last bird weighs ready to post yet? I am thinking our team has just moved up a notch or 2.. Hopefully we can move it up some more!

Congrats team on everyone that has been trying. We love to hear all your stories. So even if you have not had very good luck it is still good to read.

Good Luck to everyone that is still out there hunting!
Old 05-17-2013, 10:30 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Nice bird Phil! I come up with a score of 54.5625. I'll get him entered
Snapper! Awesome job! Yer tearin them WV birds up! Sounds like this one might be another score upgrade? Congrats!
Those birds should definitely bump us up a couple spots in the standings. Way to go guys!!
Sounds like a pretty good day for Mottz too! Tell the little one congrats on the graduation! Just got home from my youngest boys kindergarten graduation also!
Old 05-17-2013, 11:59 AM
Banned

mottz, I would want it because it is what it is not because what it is worth. lol

phil pics should be on this evening.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:34 PM
Fork Horn

WAY TO GO PHIL. I have been pulling for you.
Perseverance and patience pays off.

That is a good bird. Like you said , you got 1, now you can try and up grade or be a little pickier.

Nice job Snapper, on another bird.

Believe it or not this is actually helping me cope with the season being over so soon.

This should move us up in the standings, at least a little.

Have fun Mottz, and congrats on the graduation. I have one to go to tonight also.

John

Last edited by bornagain64; 05-17-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

First of all congrats to all of you with the young ones graduating from kindergarten!

Thanks bornagain, I was getting a little concerned with the way my luck has been going. I had originally thought it was going to be easy getting that first bird down. But, hunting is hunting and you just never know what is going to take place.

I went this morning but had some bad luck. Yesterday when I went hunting I received a flat tire on the jeep. They are only 2 months old and I tried to get that replaced during the early evening but they stated they were to busy to then. So this morning I received another flat tire and no spare as it was already on the jeep. I ended up rimming it for around 3 miles in order to be where my son could find me.. ( He is not good with directions.) So once he got there we jacked the jeep up and took that tire off as well. ( The store was not open yet. ) So, we went for a ride around the area seeing if we could see any more birds.

We did see another tom with 4 hens. I checked the area out and found quite a few dusting spots right close to where they were. Looks like a decent place to set up a couple of decoys to me.

We left and got both tires replaced and I paid another $10 for each tire in order to keep the road hazard on them. The jeep is home now and I have a spare tire again. So while I never scored today it was still productive. My next day out will be on Tuesday straight threw Saturday each morning..

Sorry for the long read guys but, sometimes bad luck can still be good.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:12 PM
Banned

bird #1
10 1/8 beard = 10.125
16lb 12oz = 16.75
L.spur 1 3/16 = 1.1875
R.spur 1 1/8 = 1.125
score 60.125

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.