Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
Team 5 ~ Hang em High >

Team 5 ~ Hang em High

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 5 ~ Hang em High

Old 04-02-2013, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

2 days without a post. What is going on with our team chat? Weather is starting to straighten out here so I'm hopin that a sign of good things to come.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Weather? What weather? Starting to straighten out? I think it has been more mixed up than ever over this way.. I am also thinking this will be a great season here once it starts. We had rain yesterday and snow flurries today. This should help keep the turkeys from starting early this year.. We still have most of this month to go though so anything can happen.. Good luck everyone that is currently hunting!!

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-03-2013 at 02:53 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:40 PM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

We had sleet today in MO. I'm afraid we are going to go from winter right into summer. Youth season opens Saturday.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

If you are taking a youth with you DTC Saturday Good Luck with getting him/her on a turkey...

Here we had around a 1/4 inch of snow last night and the wind is blowing pretty hard this morning.. I did manage to see a large flock of turkeys heading across a field when coming home from work yesterday evening. They are in that area every year and they will not let anyone hunt it. But, those turkeys will spread out once they start breeding season..
Old 04-03-2013, 03:16 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Mottz
2 days without a post. What is going on with our team chat? Weather is starting to straighten out here so I'm hopin that a sign of good things to come.

Sorry Mottz! I've been slacking. No work the last couple days, crappy weather, absolutely nothing goin on, so not much to say! According to the weather phsycics it's supposed to steadily improve from hear on out, let's hope! Gonna do some walkin around this weekend and see what I can see.
Good luck to Jr this weekend DTC! I'm sure he will put the hammer down on one. Good luck to Mottz, hopefully your birds are still in the same spot. Good luck to whoever else will be after em as well.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:32 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Phil, I'm taking my son out this weekend, he is on Team 1. I
stopped at one of my farms this morning and heard 3 tons an
wad of jakes. The gobblers were scattered out a little but not
as much as I'd hoped.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by DTC
Phil, I'm taking my son out this weekend, he is on Team 1. I
stopped at one of my farms this morning and heard 3 tons an
wad of jakes. The gobblers were scattered out a little but not
as much as I'd hoped.
OK, Sorry DTC, I hope he has a great success story to share with everyone.. Good Luck with getting him on a nice turkey..
Old 04-03-2013, 11:00 AM
Fork Horn

Went on a hunt yesterday a buddy was drawn for. I went out Saturday and located some birds, so I knew where they were. Well snuck in quietly, crossed the river, everything was perfect. But no birds, heard one gobble way off. Set up and sat all day, until 1:00.

Nothing. I could not get off work any more, so I told my neighbor were the birds where. He went there this morning and heard the bird gobble right were I told him it would be. He worked the bird for a while, but I think he got busted and saw the bird running off.

Not been a good year yet. My best 2 hunts are coming up, just have to hope no one else has gotten to them yet. I have a lot of videos of several nice birds in the area.

Also, check out the pics I posted, I could not help but notice the size of the birds legs. The gobbler that is feeding with his beard dragging the grown. He is on steroids.

John
Old 04-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

weather is nice...12 more days
Old 04-04-2013, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Upper 60's this weekend with lows in the upper 40's. Little breezy but either way with those temps, I'm ready to pull out my gobbler and make some noise

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.