Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds >

Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds

The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds

Old 03-22-2013, 05:09 AM
Fork Horn

So strutter once you kill that lone bird on your place what are you gonna do then.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:42 AM
Spike

Default My target

Here's my target for the season to add to the team score! The seeds on the table are supposed to be for "the birds", but this BIRD wasn't shy and showed up one day. Hopefully he'll be around in 6 weeks when the season opens. Based on the spurs in the higher resolution pic I have on my PC I'm guessing a 3 year old, should be a good scorer. Maybe I should start dumping corn laced with some bacon grease to fatten him up over the next month, LOL! Pic attached.
Attached Thumbnails Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds-p1010440.jpg  
Old 03-22-2013, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, that's a cool pic. Hope he does stay around for you. I agree on him being a 3 yr. old. His spurs aren't bad at all. Good luck getting him.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BetterBirddogs
So strutter once you kill that lone bird on your place what are you gonna do then.
Well, here's my plan. I'll hopefully get this bird this weekend. I'm going to Texas next week and hopefully get 2 or 3 Rios. I'll be going to Oklahoma on April 6 to hopefully get another Rio. During this time, hopefully another longbeard makes his way to my property and I'll hopefully get him. End of season. That's my plan and I'm sticking to it, hopefully.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:54 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by superstrutter
Well, here's my plan. I'll hopefully get this bird this weekend. I'm going to Texas next week and hopefully get 2 or 3 Rios. I'll be going to Oklahoma on April 6 to hopefully get another Rio. During this time, hopefully another longbeard makes his way to my property and I'll hopefully get him. End of season. That's my plan and I'm sticking to it, hopefully.
That's alot of turkey hunting right there. My jealousy meter is going off. You must be single, retired or both!
Old 03-22-2013, 10:08 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Wow, that's a cool pic. Hope he does stay around for you. I agree on him being a 3 yr. old. His spurs aren't bad at all. Good luck getting him.

Oh I am jealous too - 3 if not 4 yrs old based on the hooks, the sharpness of them and how they are turning up!

Whack him........

good luck

Dave......JW
Old 03-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

White Farm, I'm not single or retired. Vacation and just taking a sick day or two, or three if need be.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go get 'em SS!
Old 03-22-2013, 10:33 AM
Spike

White Farm, I'm not single or retired. Vacation and just taking a sick day or two, or three if need be.
Nice, I have a dream when I get older to take a month off and Spring turkey hunt my way up the east coast as the seasons open, ending at home in NY for May 1st opening.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:45 AM
Spike

Well my season opens in 19 days and yet there is still snow on the ground. Hopefully it melts and gets warmer so the birds get fired up. If not I'll have to buy some left over tags for the seasons in May

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.