Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds >

Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds

Old 05-06-2013, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Any birds will help our total score. If one other hunter who hasn't scored yet would kill one, that would give us a great chance to win. Once we get all of Swamps scores in, we should be well ahead in the total points scored. Jalex, your bird scores 63. Swamp, your Kansas Rios score 59.25 and 53. The higher score will replace your previous high score. Congrats to both of you. Talondale, don't give up. It's bound to happen sooner or later.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jalex and Swamp, I have submitted your scores. JW has us two birds short on the total number killed. We should be in first place in that category. I let him know, but the old geezer hasn't changed it yet. Just kidding JW. Swamp, how many more birds do you have to score? Didn't you kill some in Nebraska?
Old 05-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Typical Buck

Ss I got three birds in Nebraska when I get home I will measure and send pics
Old 05-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Typical Buck

This is the first Merriam that I ever shot. I saw a group going in creek bed so I got in front of them and several hens and jakes came through first. It was one of those hunts that it was hard to shoot because of all the turkeys around the one adult gobbler. He was strutting around and when he finally cleared I called and he stuck his head up and I rolled him up at twenty yards. Thank you Lord for my first Merriam!!! He weighed 20.1lbs had a 8 1/4 beard and 5/8 spurs
Attached Thumbnails Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds-image.jpg  
Old 05-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Typical Buck

This is the second Merriam that I shot. I saw a big group of turkeys roosting in these two giant cottonwoods the night before. Later that afternoon I was setting up on these turkeys and they went the wrong way and I was trying to slip away to get out of there when I saw them working there way back to me. I just laid down and put my hen decoy on the ground a few yards away from me. The first turkey was a jake and when he saw that decoy he ran right to it and then three other jakes followed and then one of two gobblers in a flock of twenty or so walked out I rolled him up at twenty or so yards. Thank you Lord for my second Merriam!!! He weighed 18.10lbs and had a 8in beard and 5/8 in spurs
Old 05-06-2013, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

This spring I was blessed and was able to harvest six turkeys. I would like to give all the glory, honor, and credit to Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior. Here is the picture of my third Merriam. I saw a large group of turkeys on both sides of the road I was driving down. Several of strutters were in this bunch of turkeys. When I turned around they were all on the side of the road that I had permission to hunt. They were headed up on top of this ridge. I parked and got in front of them and waited for about a half hour or so. The hole time I could hear hens yelping and an occasional gobble. After a while it sounded like they were going away from me. I made a move and got as close as possible. I started a conversation with a hen and was able to get two of the strutters to break away. The first one surprised me and was able to get by me the second one was not so lucky. I shot him at thirty yards. Thank you Lord for my third Merriam and my fifth turkey in four days!! This turkey weighed 21.10lbs had a 8 3/4 in beard and 1in spurs
Old 05-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your Merriams. Bird 1 scores 49.0625, bird 2 scores 47.125, and bird 3 scores 59.125. This gives us 20 total birds killed for a total of 1,074.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

My season ended Sunday who else is still hunting? Good luck to every one who is still hunting
Old 05-09-2013, 08:41 AM
Typical Buck

Where is every one at? Good luck if your hunting!!
Old 05-09-2013, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Haven't heard from several of you in a while. Have never heard from Gazz0211. RJP and BBD, what's going on with ya'll? Somebody's bound to be still hunting. We're not out of this thing yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.