Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds >

Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds

The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds

Old 04-16-2013, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

Nice bird BB, I'll be out this weekend......
Old 04-16-2013, 05:29 PM
Spike

heres the picture of the bird. thanks guys!
Attached Thumbnails Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds-4841.jpg  
Old 04-16-2013, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got your score submitted BB. Now go get another one. I will be heading to north Texas Friday morning to hopefully get one more Rio. Good luck everyone.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:18 PM
Typical Buck

I have been listening to this turkey gobble for the last few mornings and afternoons while sitting in my driveway. I hope he keeps it this weekend our season starts!!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:22 PM
Spike

Now I just have to wait until May 8th before I can hunt again. Hopefully it comes quick!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

We had some hard hunting. Walked miles each day and had hundreds of acres of private property to hunt with no one else around and we couldn't find the birds. Only gobbles we heard were way off. Some of the land had been thinned but by the looks of it more than a month ago. We only saw one hen. Not sure what the issue is but a lot of times this place is peep quiet early in the season. Will be going back in a couple weeks. Hopefully better then. Still had fun and beautiful weather.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:31 AM
Typical Buck

I have been working on a game plan to go after that turkey that I have heard gobbling by my house. He has always been within a hundred yards from we're he roosts morning and afternoon. This morning I heard him gobble the total opposite direction.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:34 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by swampbuster
I have been working on a game plan to go after that turkey that I have heard gobbling by my house. He has always been within a hundred yards from we're he roosts morning and afternoon. This morning I heard him gobble the total opposite direction.
Get in there early early early with a decoy and wait..then call. Walk in ultra quiet if you know where he's roosted otherwise he will sense something isn't right and head the opposite direction of where you came from. 2 years ago the bird I got was gobbling at 4:50am already and I took 15 minutes to walk 20 yards to my spot to make sure he didn't see/hear my coming. Eventually he gobbled his way down to me and had a lead breakfast.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:36 AM
Spike

Default More targets

Less than 2 weeks until opening day...a couple targets in the neighborhood. Pic attached.
Attached Thumbnails Team 2 ~ Longbeard Legion Winner All Birds-photo.jpg  
Old 04-19-2013, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by White_Farm
Get in there early early early with a decoy and wait..then call. Walk in ultra quiet if you know where he's roosted otherwise he will sense something isn't right and head the opposite direction of where you came from. 2 years ago the bird I got was gobbling at 4:50am already and I took 15 minutes to walk 20 yards to my spot to make sure he didn't see/hear my coming. Eventually he gobbled his way down to me and had a lead breakfast.
That's what I was planning on doing in the morning, but when he gobbled from a completely different spot this morning it threw my thinking way off. I have not heard him gobble this afternoon either

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.