Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
Team 1 ~ Beard Bandits >

Team 1 ~ Beard Bandits

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 1 ~ Beard Bandits

Old 02-03-2013, 06:05 AM
Typical Buck

I'm going to wear out my Primos DVD's between now and March 15th. I'm with SS on the weather. I hope it stays cooler until the first of March.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:50 AM
EFH
Typical Buck

You two are right! We had birds gobbling good in mid February last year!

I shot my first turkey of the season yesterday!!!......scared the crap out of the people in the frozen food section! Lol
Old 02-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

hahahahaha EFH
Old 02-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I sure do hope it gets back cold pretty quick down here. Felt like I shoulda been hootin' from a ridgetop this morning when I left for work. I'll be heading up to do a little work this weekend to start getting ready. Oh, and I may get to take a trip up to Tennessee and hunt this year too. Wife's uncle has a lease up there so hopefully he'll invite me up. He better, since the only bird I called up last year was for his son on youth weekend!
Old 02-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Typical Buck

I'm hoping to get up to Tennessee myself. I'll be starting the season off March 15 down at Oakmulgee.

EFH or SS....either of you guys have any experience on Cahaba River wma? Thinking about trying it out but hate to leave birds to find birds.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

baldeagle, the only wma experience I have is at Choccolocco and I've only been there twice. When I went it was late season and we only heard a couple birds gobble once or twice way off. There are supposedly tons of turkeys up there though. I imagine if you hit it just right they'll gobble good and you could have success. That's with anywhere though. Good to see it's going to turn real cold again next week. Maybe it'll keep these birds hush hush a little longer.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:56 AM
EFH
Typical Buck

Baldeagle, I don't hunt wma's but have some good friends that live right at oakmulgee and not uncommon for them to limit out! Like you said....hard to leave birds you know are there.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good to see most back for the teams defence of the Title. Anyone heard from those still absent?
Old 02-12-2013, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

I havent yet. I will send some PMs.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Typical Buck

Unfortunately I am a public land guy only. I have a hard time paying big numbers for club memberships. If only, if only. I do get on a lot of birds though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.