Team 1 ~ Beard Bandits

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 1 ~ Beard Bandits

Old 05-02-2013, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by blackheel
Bird 2
Tuesday was a bust. Wednesday dawned with hope and beautiful weather. We had watched a large group of turkeys go to roost and I was able to set up really close where they supposedly always flew out. Well I was greeted with thundering gobbles but today they flew to the east and got no closer than 80 yds. One satellite tom got in range joining the group but I passed on him (stupidly). They all worked away.

I regrouped and was met by my friend who suggested we check the farm where I have killed a bird each of the last 3 yrs (we hadn't seen much there this year). Long story short, we spied a group of birds near where I've had success before. He dropped me off to work them and he had something to do. As I was making my first move to get into position, his truck spooked them and changed my plans. They moved! I had to make a very quick hook move to get in front of the group. Made a quick call and a tom appeared. He saw me as I saw him and I had to make a quick move. I knew the gun could do it so at 52 yds he went down. Done and tagged out at 740!

Whats the stats on bird 2 blackheel
Old 05-03-2013, 03:15 AM
Fork Horn

Great job to all the hunter that kill turks.

Does any one know what place we are in???? I hope we all get a big Gobbler
Old 05-03-2013, 03:51 AM
Fork Horn

You scored both birds. Pg 30 has bird 1 at 66.25 and pg 32 has bird 2 at 65. I should have 3 birds total with my first overall bird being the one Doetrain scored.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:31 AM
Typical Buck

Can I ask a favor of you guys? I probably won't be back around for a long while so you guys don't need to reply.

On the morning of April 30 I lost my hunting buddy. Caitlyn Martin, my 17 year old daughter, was killed in a car wreck. Her sister, Alison, is alive but in a coma with severe head injuries. I don't want to ruin anybody's time but do me a favor. While you are sitting in the pre-dawn woods waiting for that first gobble say a little prayer for Alison. She needs all the prayers she can get.

Carry a youngster with you. Teach them about God's bounty and all he has blessed us with. Thanks guys.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:21 AM
Super Moderator

baldeagle Im very sorry. You and your family will be in our prayers. May god bless you.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:12 AM
Fork Horn

Bald9eagle - been praying for all of you since I heard yesterday evening. We lost a newborn daughter who was my son's twin 4 springs ago. When I delivered her eulogy I spoke of the spring woods, in fact here is what I delivered
"One of my loves is spring turkey hunting. There is just something about a spring morning as the Earth comes alive. That transition from dark to dawn, from cool to warm, from whippoorwills and owls to cardinals and wood thrushes and the anticipation of that booming gobble all while soaking up God's glory is just the best. I'll never forget Christian's spring morning with us as the sun came up and shone into Kelley's room. The few mornings I got out turkey hunting this spring, Christian was alive with me when the sun came up." I carry a laminated photo of my wife with our 2 kids right after birth in my turkey sling. She's with me on every hunt.
I hope the peace of the Lord wraps your family and gives you a hedge of protection in these difficult times. Please know that my family will be praying for you.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Matt, my family and I were so sorry to hear about this. My wife has family in Danville (your wife actually teaches my wife's cousin Jackson), and I know that whole area and surrounding communities are mourning your family's loss. We are praying for your daughter and for the strength you all need to pull her through. I'm not sure I have the words to say at this point, but I know everyone is praying that God continues to heal your Alison and that He provides you all with everything you need to get through this. So sorry for your loss Matt, and if there is anything we can do as team mates and friends, you know we are here.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:51 AM
EFH
Typical Buck

Matt, me and my family are keeping you in our prayers. I know no words to say that could begin to help, but I do know you have another family here with your turkey hunting brothers. When I first came here my father had just passed and these guys reached out and embraced me like we had been life long friends. I just hope you know how much these men care about you and that our hearts go out to you. We are here for you brother.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Fork Horn

Baldeagle, Very sorry for your loss, I am praying for your daughter. My prayers are with you and your family.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:04 AM
EFH
Typical Buck

Come on guys....we are in first place. For all of you still hunting, go bust one for baldeagle!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.