Team 1 ~ Beard Bandits >

Team 1 ~ Beard Bandits

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 1 ~ Beard Bandits

Old 03-30-2013, 07:07 AM
Typical Buck

Where you heading to Ethan?

I went out this morning to Bankhead and heard 4-5 birds. One was really lighting it up so he should be ready for Monday morning. Had one other bird blow my cap off when he gobbled at a woodpecker. Gobbling is still weak but is picking up. Supposed to be a cold snap mid-week but my guess is that is winter's last hurrah.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator

Put one on the ground Baldeagle. Im glad they are starting to fire up.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:41 AM
Spike

Finally got logged in. My dad and I heard 5 this morning and my papa just called and said there was a strutter and 5 hens in our alfalfa field. Youth season opens Saturday and I can't wait.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator

Great DTC Jr. Im glad your logged on and Im glad to hear the turkeys are gobbling and strutting. Ill be in Missouri for the opener and cant wait...
Old 03-31-2013, 08:07 AM
Spike

Hey guys. I'm the guy that dropped out. I have a funny story to tell. I live in DeBeque, CO, and it's good turkey habitat to the North-West, up along a creek. Everywhere else is kind of a desert, but turkeys may live there too. I do a lot of hiking and hunting in the desert area, and have never seen turkeys there before. Once, a long time ago, we saw a big flock roosting in a tree near us. No idea where they come from. If they came from the West, they'd have to cross the freeway. Well, today I was checking a muskrat trap, and I heard a gobble behind me. I turned to look, and saw a bid Tom Turkey try to get through a fence. I thought it was someone's turkey that had gotten away, so I drove over to pick it up and find the owner, since we live in the farming area. I got over there and played tag with that turkey for five minutes, before I realized that if I got hold of him, he would have killed me if I got him. He ran off and started walking down the road, so I asked around and everyone said he was roosting in a tree near there that night. I went home and we talked about it, and realized that it was a wild turkey. I don't have a tag, but I could get one, but I'd probably never find him, unless he was on private land. I should have caught him, locked him up, and on April 2nd, shoot him LOL! So the turkeys are gobbling in Colorado, and are out and about. Hope to be with ya'll next year.
Boone.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

hahahaha he would have tried to flog ya and spur ya
Old 03-31-2013, 02:35 PM
Typical Buck

Some news for you guys in or heading to North Alabama. After scouting yesterday morning and hearing from my brother this morning the birds are really firing up! Looks like tomorrow morning will be a great day. My brother scouted and has found a dozen or so birds.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

Oh yeah sounds like your morning could be intresting
Old 03-31-2013, 02:58 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by bald9eagle
Some news for you guys in or heading to North Alabama. After scouting yesterday morning and hearing from my brother this morning the birds are really firing up! Looks like tomorrow morning will be a great day. My brother scouted and has found a dozen or so birds.
Good LUCK!
Old 03-31-2013, 05:54 PM
Spike

That gobbler was back in the alfalfa tonight with 9 hens. My papa is gonna watch for him and let me know how often he is coming in. Here is a picture of him.
Attached Thumbnails Team 1 ~ Beard Bandits-cdy00007-2-.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.