TEAM 8 "THE LONGBEARD KILLIN' FREAKS"

Old 04-24-2008, 06:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: TEAM 8 SIGN IN!!!

Nice work.. Congrats.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:48 AM

ORIGINAL: tky1187

I just got home from my trip to Ohio and we def had a blast. The first morning we doubled up on a pair of jakes I'm on the right and my buddy on the left. The second morning after hearing tons of gobbles I finally connected on a good bird. He had a 9in beard 3/4in spurs and weighed 21.5pds. Sorry I didn't get better pics of the beard and spurs but here are a few pics. PaHardwoods I guess you will take care of the scoreing am I correct? If not just let me know what I have to do. Hopefully I can get us a bigger bird yet here in PA.

Way to go. I will take care of the scoring no problem there. Congrats.

Remember everyone submit every bird you get that way we can use the biggest ones for our scores. Keep em coming guys. Hopefully this saturday I will have one to add to the list.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:43 PM

I've been out of the loop for a while due to health reasons. And I only have until May 15th to get one for the team due to season closes in GA then. but I will do my best.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:53 PM

Anyone heard how Dan (Bloodcreek) is doing?

Hes on his hunt with the Heartland Bowhunters right now
Old 04-27-2008, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got back from the farm in KS. a couple of hours ago. I went back planning on bow hunting only, but the weather was wet, windy, and nasty Friday morning, so we didn't go out. I was suppose to hook up with a buddy, but thankfully he called and cancelled because of the lousy weather. SO I got a late start and hunted all morning but never could find a gobbler. After lunch I went out to drive around and look over some of our property and I spotted 3 toms and 3 hens on one of our alfalfa fields in a spot that would make for an easy spot and stalk. Indeed it was easy with the high winds that were blowing and the location of the birds along the creek. All 3 toms were about the same size, so all I had to do was wait for them to seperate enough to keep from killing more than one. Glad I packed the Benelli after all. The shot was about 40 - 45 yards.
He was 18#'s, 3/4" left and 7/8" right with a 9.5" beard. Total = 53.25. I also got to shoot at a jake last evening with my bow, but missed [:@]! So I'll be going back in a couple of weeks to try with my bow again.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

with my turkey added to the score, we will be up into third, and if tky1187's isn't tallied yet, we may be moving even a littel higher up the ladder. We're holdin' our own boys!
Old 04-27-2008, 09:20 PM

Alright Howler congrats!!! Great bird
Old 04-28-2008, 06:56 AM
JW
Super Moderator

PA - I caught Howlers score and updated your team thread here - do still post on the Captain scoring thread
Old 04-28-2008, 07:47 AM

Sounds Good JW Thanks
Old 04-28-2008, 07:48 AM

Well Saturday was not what I had hoped it would be, but all in all it was still a beautiful day in Central Pennsylvania. The Gobblers did not want to cooperate let alone freaking gobble for me. But I did manage to have a Red Fox run past me at 50yds which leads me to believe that was the killer of the turkey I came across back in the beginning of march. I also saw no less than 12 deer including some pregnant does in the group. And I managed to come across a nesting duck that had 2 duck eggs in her nest. Then Finally at about 11pm I had some Hens come in to me at about 100yds but that was it as far as turkeys. So turkey wise it wasn't a great day but as far as wildlife sightings and weather wise it couldn't be better. I firmly believe that Red Fox had a large part in me not seeing any gobblers. Well here are some pics I got of the Duck Nest. I won't be able to get out until next saturday, But hopefully that day will be much better.

Quick Reply: TEAM 8 "THE LONGBEARD KILLIN' FREAKS"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.