Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 15... Spurr-fect

Old 04-25-2008, 09:07 AM

Default RE: Team 15... Spurr-fect

The second one is my dad.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:05 PM

Hey boys, any activity over the weekend? Hoped I would be able to post something today.

I took my son and one of hisfriends out over the weekend. My son's friend (who's never been turkey hunting) won a drawing at a "Wild Beast Feast" that we do at church. Everyone that has access to land usually volunteers a youth hunt to be drawn. I donated a turkey hunt. Anyway, I took the boys over the weekend and we had just about as much fun as you can have.....without actually pulling the trigger. I worked a BIG eastern bird that just wouldn;t leave the comfort of the two hens that he was accompanying. He strutted and gobbled for almost an hour before they all slipped into the woods on an adjoining piece of property. The boys had a blast watching and listening. The bird is a real dandy, and hopefully I will get another opportunity to talk with him before the season ends. I've got one last trip planned for this week, and hopefully I can push my score up a bit.

We're sitting at the top boys. Let's try and win this thing!
Old 04-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

Webclan I'm doing my best.The dadblame turkeys just ain't helping me out.The ones I had located quit gobbling and it's been tough.I haven't quit and won't give up until sunset May 2.That's the end of my season.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had some action this weekend but fighting a fever and cold. I'll post details when I can. Congrats to Hoyt and car!!
Old 04-30-2008, 07:18 PM
car
Typical Buck

Hey were in second place!
Old 04-30-2008, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

My gun season opened up, so I'm skipping school for the next 2 days, I think I can get'r done.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Fork Horn

My season ended today without any of my tags filled out.Itwas a bad year for me butI did my best.Sorry I couldn't add to the team score.I'lltry agin next year.Congrats to those who scored.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:20 PM
car
Typical Buck

Ok guys, we droped to 3rd place! We need some longbeards to pull put us in 1st place. I passed on a jake last week. I was hunting with my bow and had him close enough 3 differant times. His beard looked to be about 2' long. I'll let him go until next year lol. Season is winding down here in Ohio. car
Old 05-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: car

Ok guys, we droped to 3rd place! We need some longbeards to pull put us in 1st place. I passed on a jake last week. I was hunting with my bow and had him close enough 3 differant times. His beard looked to be about 2' long. I'll let him go until next year lol. Season is winding down here in Ohio. car
I think you mean 2", I hope.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I'll give you the short version of what I've been doing. I've been chasing my second gobbler with a bow. I took off a friday in April for my birthday and hunted on a family farm. Had some gobbles and spotted a gobbler and hen on the first day but couldn't call him off the hen. I set up a blind on the same field for the next morning and had him come to my decoys, within 15 yards. Unfortunately, my ghillie suit sleeve caught my string and I missed him by 3". Other than that I've had gobblers calling but none coming in and several close encounters with hens. I can now hunt evenings in VA so I'll try to squeeze a few more hunts in after work.

Quick Reply: Team 15... Spurr-fect

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.