Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Archery Gear
Is there legal issues to ship a bow outside the USA? >

Is there legal issues to ship a bow outside the USA?

Community
Archery Gear Bows, sights, rests, releases, quivers, cases, and more! Buy, sell, or trade all of your archery equipment here!

Is there legal issues to ship a bow outside the USA?

Old 12-13-2017, 11:46 AM
Spike

Default Is there legal issues to ship a bow outside the USA?

Good afternoon.
This is my question.

I'm looking forward an used compound bow. I searched on eBay and found a lot of good bows on good prices.
The problem was: there were no sellers willing to ship the bow to outside the country.
There was a guy who got US$ 150 for his bow even though I sent him a message and offered US$ 200 plus US$ 100 for shipment.
And I don't even know if he would expend 100 bucks to send me the bow. Probably not.
No deal.

Then I was wondering. Is that any issue to send it to me here in Brazil?
If not, why not?
Is this difficult?

Ty guys.
Best wishes

Last edited by BrazilianBowHunter; 12-13-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-13-2017, 12:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Bows do not fall under our firearms laws and regulations and as far as I know it is not illegal to ship a bow out of the country. However, it may be illegal to import one via common carrier into your country. These people could tell you they are in the international shipping business. https://global.ups.com/how-to-ship-internationally/
Old 12-13-2017, 01:14 PM
Spike

Thank you for your answer mate. I appreciate that.
I will check with this guys.
Tyvm
Best wishes.
Old 12-23-2017, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never tried Brazil, but international shipping has gotten a lot easier, I even know some Australians that order from the states.

Best bet is to order from a major internet retailer, Amazon etc. They make it easy. Duty gets prepaid so your purchase doesn't sit for a month in some customs shed. Granted most of my experience is with automotive, but sports equipment is likely to be much the same. The shipping will likely kill you and sometimes customs duties are pretty steep. Then again, I've ordered some stuff that even with the shipping and duties was cheaper than locally (Europe).
Old 03-22-2018, 08:58 AM
Spike

I don't think so