Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Archery Gear
New to archery, gear advise >

New to archery, gear advise

Community
Archery Gear Bows, sights, rests, releases, quivers, cases, and more! Buy, sell, or trade all of your archery equipment here!

New to archery, gear advise

Old 09-15-2009, 07:02 PM
Spike

Default New to archery, gear advise

I am new to archery and am seeking some advise for a used bow. I live in Ohio and would like to take up bow hunting. I am looking for a used compound bow but not sure what size, brand or style I should be looking for. For hunting I would like to hunt deer or turkey. Can anyone make some suggestions for my first bow? I am 190lbs, 5'8" and pretty strong upper body if that means anything. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:54 AM
Spike

Go to your local archery shop, or even a basspro or cableas if one is nearby. They should have a shooting range so you can test fire different bows. Even if you don't buy from them, I HIGHLY recommend trying a few out before making up your mind.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Spike

i agree with Stancel and if this is your first bow don't worry about getting anything like a matthews or a hoyt or anything super high end. Browning, Bear, Martin and PSE all make good bows for the money if you are looking for mid way priced and a little nicer u can't beat bowtechs or diamonds they both make very good bows.