Airgun Hunting The Silent Killers - Discuss hunting with airguns, equipment, tactics, and everything else

New scope on the TX200

Old 02-16-2019, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default New scope on the TX200

I have been using a Vortex Crossfire II 6-18x44 AO. This scope has done everything pretty well. But there is a couple things I wanted to change. First shooting up in trees requires a low hold. The top wire doesn't have any Hash lines. The hash lines on the bottom wire are not MOA lines. They were designed to use on a high power gun. Set the crosshairs at 200 then the next 300, then 400.
I had all my lines figured out and I guessed a lot on squirrels in trees. That scope was awesome. Well I have been thinking about a new scope that gives me MOA clicks. MOA lines and MOA windage lines.
The Scope I decided to try is the Vortex Tactical 6-24x50 AO. This scope has everything in it I wanted + etched glass and First focal plane.I matched it up with a set of BKL rings and sighted it in this morning at 20 yards. Shortly after that a collard dove sit in the top of my tree giving me the perfect opportunity to try out the scope on game.

Old 02-16-2019, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

We may need a few more updates. That scope definitely isn't going to fall off that airgun.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I plan to do updates on the combo. I bet it doesn't fall off either.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:46 PM
Spike

Looks nice.