HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wa. House considering Game Law Changes
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2005, 05:21 AM
trapper T

Default RE: Wa. House considering Game Law Change

One question though....... does anyone know the reason why "spike only" works best here, and 3 point or better works best there??

Well the state when they instituted this plan they actually had the entire state as Spike only. A Gov't Watchdog group out of Vancouver put the halt on that and forced the state to give three point or better on the Westside. THe State can only give out "Junk science" as why spike only is better. IF you look at the three summer issues of Wa- Or. fish and game magazine, there are usually three stories every year. 1 is a peice put out by the WDFW on how great the Blue MT. are for Elk, due to the amount of Big Bull tags, the second is a story from an independent soucre telling you how screwed up the blues actually are in WA, yet in Or. the Blues are doing fairly well(ORegon has a limited entry). And the Third is a story put out by the WDFW on how the Okanogan Mulies are thriving due in part to the" Three point" rule up there. Tell me this, when it comes to antler restricitions aren't Elk and deer the same?????? Then why does it work for one yet not the other? The state wnats spike only for ONE reason....MONEY....like SLee said the state wants permit only hunting, I've heard with my own years Dave Ware(WDFW) say this, but he knows the public won't go for it. SO what they are doing is making the east side and all the decent areas left a permit only area just to get thier numbers up, then with faulty management practice they screw it up so bad that in the 6 years they'll come back to us saying that permit only is the only way to fix this, then turn around and show that with the amount of permits we(Public) are already putting in for, the numbers back the idea that we should go for it, because we already do. I have NOT put in for any permit in about ten years, I refuse to do so just so I DO NOT help them get the data they need, so when they try this scam we as a public are not going to be able to refuse them because they have alreay baitied us into their scheme[:@]
I also told Dave Ware my stance on this and I've stated it here in the past....I will NOT gamble my RIGHT to hunt and if this state goes to "Permit Only" I will still hunt ethically and with a limit, but the one I have to answer to as far as ethics are concerned is not in Gov't and cares more about how I hunt and the respect I give to His creations then the money I spend to a phony outfit.

my 2 cents. Summit the only reason for the spike only,is a gimmic to help them acheive their blessed permit only cash cow.....period. Anyone that has an animal husbandry background will tell you you need to change your breed stock every few years to ensure good lines. You don't keep the same bull breeding the same cows year in and year out. You'll screw up the genetics.