HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Favorite Music before a hunt
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005, 12:28 AM
RedAllison

Default RE: Favorite Music before a hunt

Chuck I didn't know Christians couldn't listen too Aerosmith and Skynyrd (I can't stand that crazy Zappa so I left him out)?

If you guys REALLY want to hear a true outdoorsman's song (and perhaps even more improtantly, we Christians) then you MUST get a copy of Skynyrds song: "All I can do is write about it"

Lyrics:
Well this life that I live, has took me everywhere, there aint no place I aint ever gone.
Well its kinda like the sayin that youve heard so many times, well there just aint no place like home.

Did you ever see a she gator protect her young? Or a fish in a river swimmin free? Did you ever see the beauty of the hills of Carolina or the sweetness of the grass in Tennessee?

And Lord I cant make any changes. All I can do is write em in a song. Yes but I can see the concrete a slowly creepin, Lord take me and mine before that comes!

Do ya like to see a mountain stream a flowin? Do ya like to see a young un with his dog? Did ya ever stop to think about well tha air ya breathin? Well ya better listen too my song.

Lord I cant make any changes. All I can do is write em in a song. Yes but I can see the concrete a slowly creepin, Lord take me and mine before that comes.

Im not tryin to put down no big city. But the things they write about us are just a bore. Well you can take a boy out of ol Dixieland Lord but youll never take ol Dixie from tha boy.

And Lord I cant make any changes, All I can do is write em in a song. Yes but I can see the concrete a slowly creepin, Lord take me and mine before that comes.

I said I can see the concrete a slowly creepin, Lord take me and mine before that comes!

If you have never heard that "southern masterpiece" then folks you are missin it! The rythym and piano in this one will bring tears too your eyes. Truly one of Skynyrds greatest that wasnt plastered about because it wasnt in your face or played at 900decibles.

I am a lover of music. I might have Waylon (my personal favorite) on one minute and then I might follow him up with Luciano Pavarroti and back that up with AC/DC. So you never know what you gonna get with me, other than a good time!

Its kinda been ironic, the last two years EXACTLY on opening morning of MO turkey season on the same station on the same stretch of county highway in southern MO the old song "RO HO" has come on. My father-in-law and I laughed the first time and within an hour a bird was as dead as "RO HO" was in the song. But after it happened lastyear we kinda looked at eachother funny. And YEP again a bird was dead within an hour!

EERY,
RA

ps
Tim Fagraw and Kenney "da midget" Chesney... country singers? LMAO those guys are as "pop" as Elton John and Cher. Gimme John "DA MAN" Cash and Waylon Jennings anyday! THAT is country...