HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I can look down on you for using a compound
Old 04-09-2005, 07:06 AM
flat feet

Default RE: I can look down on you for using a compound

Data my 2 cents again,

I don't hate crossbows I don't want my own season eather, the best hunting I do is on high pressured deer during gun season with my bow. Please don't take a sentance out cut it up for your crossbows, this is just my opinion.

You have heard this before, The only reason that I think that they should not be in the woods during bowhunting is because when they are used to harvest game. They are used like a gun. I know there projectile is 100% more like any bow, But when used. Shouldering, looking through a scope, being already cocked, and the alot less motion when used to shoot "for me" makes it more like a gun than a bow. If it's a Compound, Recurve, or Flatbow. It is not preloaded, has a scope, or shouldered. For me that is the determining factors that seperates them only for hunting situations. As far as archery equiptment it belongs in an archery class. But for hunting it is by far, more of an advantage over all other equiptment in that season. even more so a compound over traditional equp. When I get boared with a compound I will be on the Trad side of the house.

When Muzzelloaders are used for hunting, there all used in a simular fation that does'nt give one a massive advantage over the other. They might be fired different, but there used the same.

When rifels are used for hunting there used in a simulsr fation, there are different ranges and actions, but when used for hunting there used in a simular fation.

When a crossbow is used for hunting, it is used in a fation more simular to a gun, rather than a Bow. That is all. Once again I know it's enegery, projectile and range is more like a bow, but the differance is, again IMO, closer to a gun than a bow.

For me It's not a matter of having my own season, not wanting them in the woods, or there just so different lets get rid of them forever. They are just way more closer to a gun when used to harvest game. The best example I can currently use is hunt Turkeys with any bow and arrow not useing a blind. Then go and hunt a Turkey not useing a blind with a crossbow, and then people will see it is more like a gun when used in a hunting situation ONLY. My concerns are only in a hunting situation, ther rest are the same.