HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tikka Rifles
Thread: Tikka Rifles
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 01:29 PM
statjunk
Nontypical Buck

Default Tikka Rifles

I was talking accurate rifles with the RO at the Bald Mountain shooting range this weekend. He indicated to me that of all the factory produced rifles that he has seen in the last three years that Tikka is by far producing the most accurate rifles that he sees out on the range. He says that he sees the same accuracy from the Tikka's as he sees from the Sako's with a lower cost of course.

He showed me some targets that were shot with a Tikka in 30-06 and the groups were very small I would say about 3/4" to 1". He claims that the bullets used were regular hunting ammo.

The RO that I was talking to was definetly an accuracy snob. He showed me some of his targets shot from one of those high accuracy rifles that look really strange and his groups measured just over the diamter of a bullet. Two and three shot groups consistently one ragged hole. He must have shown me over 30 of his targets. There was one where there was a little bit of spread, about a 1/2" group. I said what happen here. He said, I was just playing around. I laughed.

That kind of eye witness account means a lot to me. This is a guy who sees hundreds of rifles per week.

BTW - We got on the topic because there was a guy at the range with a brand new H-S Precision rifle in 300 WinMag with a super nice Swarovsky scope on it. He was barely able to hold a 1.5" group at 100 yards. Needless to say the guy was pissed.

Tom