HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need some advice with new bowhunters!
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2005, 09:50 PM
idahoelkinstructor
Nontypical Buck

Default Need some advice with new bowhunters!

Well the time has come for my wife and I to teach another round of Archry Education Classes for the year. Our next class starts next week, April 7, 8, and 9th. This makes our 5th year of teaching archery education, I don't know how many students we have taught but its a lot. We average at least 5 or so classes a year up to 9 classes, with between 25 to 30 students per class. You would think that the majority have been kids, but that has not been the case at all. With quality rifle elk hunts getting more difficult to come by, more and more hunters are picking up a bow and giving chase. Most of our students are between 25-35 years old. Anyway I want some advice that you would give to a new bowhunter. Maybe its something just simple like a blood trailing trick, or a unique hunting strategy that has helped you with success in the field. I hope a lot respond to this thread and give some good advice, I plan on printing out this list and giving it to my students. I also will refer them to this forum and others for future bowhunting advice. Thanks in advance. Jason

PS. After reading the thread about the bowhunter throwing away his arrows because his fletching were ripped, I know why I keep wanting to teach and help out new bowhunters. Just think how much money this bowhunter could have saved, if someone had simply told him that he could refletch his arrows. That's the type of advice I hope people will post, helpful and simple! It might seem too simple and obvious to anyone with expreience in our sport. But remember we were once in their shoes and any info was new info. I am editing this in hopes more people will respond. Thanks again