HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - It's not how big it is, it's how you use it..
Old 03-29-2005, 02:56 PM
oldelkhunter
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: It's not how big it is, it's how you use it..

I have attached a picture for your viewing enjoyment, it can also be found on my website. It is a B&C moose we took here in Alberta, It was crossing a cut line full trot, behind six cows. The shooter killed it with a single lung shot, from a 243 with an 80 grain reloaded bullet. He was a man that new his gun, and was absolutly certain about is abilities. It took 9 men to roll this bull off the tree he died against. (the gun in the picture is my 30-06 bush buddy)
Yep very impressive and had he hit it in the guts would it still be on your website and would he still brag about it ? How far was the shot? How far did it run after it was hit? I equate this to using ultralight tackle on 200 lb Tarpon. But fortunately a Tarpon just breaks off and lives the poor Moose just goes off and dies a miserable death. Bottom line Big Animal Big Tool if you can't handle what is needed then practice practice practice until you can or don't waste your time and money or the patience of an outfitter and most importantly the life of a Big Game Animal.