HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - LAUGHING AFTER THE KILL??
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 10:48 PM
KYhunter14

Default RE: LAUGHING AFTER THE KILL??

I may be alone here. Honestly I didn't read all the posts on this topic, I am just giving my opinion. If this has already been posted I apologize in advance.

I don't see a problem with genuine happiness over a successful hunt or kill. Sometimes however, these guys are putting on. You will never convince me that these guys hunt all over the world and remain this "hyped" on every hunt. Any hunter knows some hunts are more special than others. As far as turkey hunts go, my favorite hunt was one where I missed a big gobbler. I have only killed two birds since I have been hunting turkeys and both kills were luck. I was in the right place at the right time. The one I missed however, was all me. I roosted the bird, called him in off the roost (did everything but finish the deal). At the time I was mad, but after reflecting I enjoyed this hunt much more.

People may think I am a wimp, but sometimes I am genuinely sad when a hunt ends. I am sad that a deer or turkey is no longer there to be beautiful and to be hunted.

Myself, I would never laugh right after a hunt. I may get excited and whoop and holler maybe, but not laugh. I know I have ranted and raved to long on this. (I appreciate you guys listening to me) So to finish up, to each his own, and have fun out there hunting.