HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - No Fluke this time...... CRACKED LIMB
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 07:28 PM
Buck Magnet

Default No Fluke this time...... CRACKED LIMB

Hey guys,

As some of you may remember, I had a bit of a scare awhile back with my Liberty. I thought that I had a cracked limb but it turned out to be a split in the camo. Well, last night that all changed. I was on shot 27 of 28 in my screen shoot and I heard a slight cracking noise when I drew back! I immediately let-down and started looking at my bow. I timed out on that screen and didn't get to shoot. Well, I looked over my limbs and didn't see anything. I decided to draw it back again on my last shot and there was no noise so I shot my last screen! I didn't think anything of it as I didn't notice any crack!

Well, a little bit ago I decided to put some wax on my string and I decided to just check the limbs again! To my suprise, I found a crack on the bottom limb! I have no idea how I missed it as this crack is exactly 5-1/4" long and runs right through the words "Liberty VFT".

Thankfully that limb didn't go last-night as I would have probablly been in some serious pain! I am taking the bow to my pro-shop tommorow to get my limbs changed! Thankfully last night was my last shoot so I really don't need my bow until May when turkey season kicks in!

Here is a pic I took of the limb...