HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - snakes
Thread: snakes
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 07:49 AM
savedbygrace

Default RE: snakes

cut nstrut, I know where your coming from, I hunt in Alabama and u & I both know cottonmouths are the meanest snakes around. Personally I wouldnt get just gaiters, get a whole snakeproof shoe. I have the Lacrosse gobbler trackers (I think thats what there called) & I love them, tough and lightweight. I had a pair of rockey's that were calf high, I busted the bottoms out of them in 2 seasons. I just got these this year. So fair I really like them. I hunt alot of hill country so my boots get alot of wear and tear. Just to share another story with you, 2 years I was hunting in an area that had been flooded several weeks earlier. The sun had since then dried the ground out & the land was hard. I was running late for work so I was trucken it through there pretty fast not paying attention to where I was going. All of a sudden my 9 1/2 shoe stepped entirely on a spot that felt like mud. Well I knew that wasnt right since the entire ground area I was walking on was hard as a rock. So I took another step & turned around & there puffing herself out from where I stepped on her was a 4 1/2 foot long canebreak rattlesnake. I believe my Lord and savior Jesus Christ sent an angel to watch over me that morning because she didnt strike or rattle at me. I still almost pooped in my pants though (HA! HA!). Anyway just thought I would share that.