HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - please tell me just one negative to crossbows
Old 03-21-2005, 09:43 AM
datamax

Default RE: please tell me just one negative to crossbows

Xbows can be detrimental to bowhunting as we know it as shown by the stats.
How ? Because more bowhunters chose crossbow in OH and killed more deer ? How's that bad ? In Arkansas it was just the opposite, people chose to NOT use crossbows. And when its all said and done, rifle hunters kill by far more deer. And whats it matter HOW the deer are killed, if the herd is healthy, numbers growing and quality increasing ?

And what does it matter ? Ohio has a booming deer herd, HUGE bucks ............ you said you didn't want your state to end up like Ohio. You don't want a booming deer herd ? You don't want HUGE bucks like the Beatty deer ? You don't want to be near the top of the record books as far as record entries ? No, you don't mean that at all, I know you dont. Yet the state of Ohio has had crossbow for how long and the state is EXCELLENT for whitetail deer hunting. You cannot argue that, in fact we'd all love it if our state was as good as Ohio for deer hunting with few exceptions.

So fact is, Ohio has NOT been affected by crossbows, has it ? And if it has, I'll be amazed you can produce anything showing it. Look at the numbers - they don't lie