HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2005, 03:22 PM
cwcjr119
Spike

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Hi All, Just registered after reading all 43 pages. Very informative. I thought I would give my 04 hunt report. We tried to get into Mirage for 2 years and finally booked with Northern Caribou Adventures for a Nov. 20-24 hunt. This was our first trip and we were very happy. We lucked out and got a small trailer/cabin that only accomodated our group of 4. We also expected no showers and were pleasantly suprised to have nice HOT showers. After reading all of the posted info I see that we were slightly ahead of what would be considered prime time, but the animals were there. At the last minute I decided for space savings to leave my bow at home and was sorry that I had. On the first day I had hundreds of them within 50 yards and some close enough to practically touch with the end of my .308 Tikka. What a great experience having caribou standing there eating within 5 yards of you.
Jack at NCA was very helpful, He came to our cabin every night to make sure we were in and to tell us where the animals were. He was also out in the field during the day helping us and other hunters bring in the bou with his sled. Many times for hunters not staying at NCA. We took 7 nice bulls and one cow because one of our party wanted to mount a cow with their bull. Two nice double shovels.
Mirage is definately a higher class outfit if you can get in, but we went expecting to be basically self sufficient and our expectations were exceeded. I will try to go again in 06. I guess from reading all the posts that we were real lucky.