HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - please tell me just one negative to crossbows
Old 03-18-2005, 12:23 PM
datamax

Default RE: please tell me just one negative to crossbows

MA Jay - I argued AGAINST crossbows for awhile until I was challenged to prove WHY. When I failed, I had to ask myself if I was going to continue be hard headed and believe something that was unfounded or try and understand WHY I was wrong.

A trad bow is archery the way its been for a very long time. A compound is a high tech bow using a vastly different way of achieving putting an arrow into flight - and most often is revolves around EASIER and BETTER. A crossbow ? It too is high techy anymore, and it too makes bowhunting easier. But its not unlike the compound. Both compound and crossbow are VERY much unlike a recurve/longbow.

If you honestly believe an archer can shoot with accuracy after legal shooting light, I have to question the validity of your statements concerning your archery prowess.
Question away, trad shooters Know what I'm talking about.

How about this - pitch dark, you can see nothing but a lit candle at 20 yards.

Can you shoot that candle ? I can - actually pretty well. Like I said, if I can see the target, I can shoot it - at night a recurve would be the ultimate poaching bow
!