HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - moose problem in vermont
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2005, 08:50 AM
vtbuckrulrss
Fork Horn

Default RE: moose problem in vermont

your best bet is to apply in d1, d2, e1, e2. basically the upper right hand corner of the application. after those four ( not sure, but e2 may be split into ea1, ea2) continue working through that section, applying by the highest numbers available. while moose hunting e2 last year, i was amazed at the devastation caused by moose browsing. when applying, there are sections that ask if you want to apply for a bull only, either or permit, or cow only, if i recall correctly. apply for every kind they allow! trust me, if you get a cow moose, you will be just as proud as if you were to shoot a 65" bull, i know i was. in fact, some cows will be larger than bulls. mine outweighed several bulls that were at the check-in station when i was(682 fielddressed). i poosted her picture on this forum, check it out to see what you could be looking at. but make no mistake about it, these hunts take place in some pretty remote areas, be prepared for anything. and it is truly a hunt, not a walk in the park. hope this helps. if anyone gets drawn, let me know, i may be able to help with lodging, guide service, locating.
Pat