HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - remington model 710
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2003, 08:04 AM
Ruger-Redhawk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: remington model 710

Soark, Your reply was so nice you almost brought tears to my eyes.LOL...My computer almost broke when you said you could be a Ruger or Winchester dude.I knew there was hope for you .Ruger would be glad to oblige you.In all seriousness. Remington does make some fine BA's with their 700 & Model Seven. The quality control not only at Remington,but most gun companies has gone down over the last several years. They all want to cut corners.I have a Remington 700 ADL(270) which was bought strictly for hunting about 7 years ago. It has served me well so far.It's quality and/or workmanship is very good.I'm sure parts will always be available,for the 710 probably not. I don't see this model 710 being around long and Remington keeping parts in inventory is doubtful.Like you mentioned the 742's parts are getting hard to find. This was a very popular rifle back then and can't hardly find parts for it today.The 710 is definately a throw away rifle.If it's cared for it will probably give good service for awhile. Once something goes wrong the fun will begin trying to find parts for it.Sure a good Smith could make replacement parts for it, that would cost more then buying a new rifle.The Remington 710 is the Yugo of the gun world.
Ruger Redhawk

..... A Proud NRA Life Member since 1977 .....Ruger Redhawk