HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - remington model 710
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2003, 12:31 AM
soarkrebel

Default RE: remington model 710

The remington 710 ! i have held them ,looked them over more than i want to , and sold one !not mine cause i wouldnt spend the money for one.
I am a remington man and some know i will defend my 700's and 7's and put them up against any hunting rifle on the range. but yes the 710 is a low price economy rifle. the 700 adl syn was supposed to be that. I felt that remington was really lacking in the quality area on the 700 adl. and well the bdl's are not up to quality either.
But the 710 is a economy cheap rifle! hands down! it won't be what the 700's i have are... heirlooms. my kids and maybe grandkids will be hunting with mine. but the poor 710 will no longer be in production and parts ,that will surely be needed , won't be available! Like the 742 which certain parts are getting hard to find it will be just remingtons disposable gun!
But then again remington did the same thing with the 788,600 and 660. did i forget one?or two? ( and yes they are bringing back a 600 in 350 but they added the thing most didnt like the vent rib!we will see how well they do. the thing going for it is a model 7 reciever)
cheaper is not always better. you get what you pay for.
And i am not a sako man!i am not a japanese browning man!And i can't seem to become a big old barrel nutted savage man!
I could be a ruger or winchester dude. but i'll keep my 700's,old ones preferably, cause remington keeping in line with there poor quality 710 has added a Klintoon key to there guns.
I am glad somebody is supporting those poor remington workers cause i am not until they go back to QUALITY!

SOUTH ARKANSAS REBEL

Edited by - soarkrebel on 01/20/2003 01:32:26