HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A letter from Taulman regarding Nonresident rights...
Old 03-09-2005, 09:39 PM
manboy

Default RE: A letter from Taulman regarding Nonresident rights...

here is a ? for u all have u ever tried to buy a S.D. elk tag? if u are not a state res. u can't! i live withen 20 min. from S.D. i see elk every time i drive to rapid city. while i am there i pay state tax on the gas i buy, i pay tax on the food i buy, i pay tax on the products my wife buys from the mall. all of that tax i pay in S.D. and i can not even buy a elk tag.
and that is O.K> with me! why? becuase i do not feel that i as a nonresident should be granted the privledge to hunt a animal that is so hard for a resident to the state to get a tag for! i have friends in S.D. that have applied for a tag for over 10 years. and i see know reason that i should take thier chance away!
i do hunt out of state i pay higher prices and that is O.K. i don't pay for the highways there, so i can drive to where the game is. how about u guys? do walk 300miles across the state? becuase u nonresidents didn't pay for those roads! so yes if we a talking about equal rights on what u paid for, u guys are missing the boat!