HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - RE: Got my first bow kill - Here's the PIC
Old 09-05-2002, 09:56 PM
yajsab
Typical Buck

Default RE: RE: Got my first bow kill - Here's the PIC

Ok, I got to the stand at around 5:30. I was late! At around 6:30 or so, I heard a bugle about 100 yards or so. Then I waited for maybe 30 minutes, and then I heard branches breaking towards me. I heard about two coming close to me, about 40 yards away. But I couldn't see them. They were a little off of where I am expecting them to show up. I waited and waited and waited. The process seems so long. Then I got tired of standing up, so I sat down for a while. Then I heard noises again, and I stood up. Waited and waited with no show. About an hour later, I finally saw one showed up about 50 yards away. It was too far. I then watched her (probably) looking for food. She disappear. I didn't see or hear anymore noises. Then I sat again. Then here she comes back again. She was about 40 yards away with clear shot, broadside. I drawed my bow, and look through the pin. What the h--k! I didn't see anything (I mean she disappear). I hold the bow for about a minute and starting to get tire. I then released the bow. Suddenly she moved. She was just stood still there. Oh, my eyes aren't 20/20. Ok, so she started to look for food again. I saw her disappear again. Well, no more noises. I then sat back and relax. My hope for the morning was gone. I waited about 45 minutes and heard noises again. I stood up and get ready. This time I saw it coming closer, about 30 yards. I was about to take a shot, but decided to wait because it was coming closer. It walked around searching for food, then got to about 20 yards facing me. I saw the antler. Whow! A spike. I waited patiently. Finally, he came bedding under about 10 - 15 yards. I couldn't get a clear shot, because there were those very little branches infront. I was looking for a clear spot. Then I heard noises and there she was, probably the mom, about 30 yards away looking towards me. I stood still for a while. She went back to searching for food again. I then concentrated back on the spike. Then I heard noises again. I turned and saw my friend walking toward me about 45 yards away. I already have enough time looking for a clear shot. I drawed and shot through a hole about 4 - 5 inches. He took off and then stumbled. The whole process took about 2.5 hours before I finally get the shot. It was well worth it!

Well, I can't express everything, but hopefully you can imagine it. My friend has the digit camera, so when he gives me the photos on cd, I'll post it.