HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Williams firesight
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 06:15 PM
Jollyarcher
Typical Buck

Default RE: Williams firesight

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

Jollyarcher I had the same problem with a trueglo fiber optic sight that I put on my older model SBE... I figured the optic sights would work but I ran out of down adjusting room on the rear sight. Any other suggestions?
I think I gotcha covered. If you were adjusting down with the rear, you would have been trying to move your point of impact down. Then you ran outta room to lower the rear sight as a result of striking the barrel rib. If you like the rear sight you have now, (the Truglo), all you really need is a taller front sight.

So far, I've not seen anything taller than the one that Williams makes, nor anything as well machined. The Williams is bright and offers a fine fiber bead that won't cover up your target. It gathers light like a sponge and I like it a great deal. I also think it's well worth the 40 bucks I paid for the front / rear sight kit... strong and solid.

Unfortunately for me, the Williams front sight was just the opposite from what you need... it was too tall and I ran out of adjustment moving the rear sight up. So, to cure my problem I have to use the low, stock front sight (with an aftermarket fiber I bought), combined with the Williams adjustable rear sight. This get's me on target nicely.

Matter of fact, I've got that Williams tall front sight, that will bolt onto any size rib, new, just sitting in the package. I bet it would be just what you need to zero your gun in.

I'll scarf MK-M-GOBL's pic of the Williams front and post it... (he posted it for me last week when I was looking for a good fixed sight), so you'll see what I mean, it's much taller than stock and MK's pic is a good clear image.

Hey BTW, MK - I know that Holo-sight well... I've shot one mounted to a Heckler & Koch MP5 and it's super fast. Both eyes open with no paralax issues. Big dulla unit... but it's high quailty and rugged too. You get what ya pay for in optics these days. Alas, I can't get the wife to let me go Rhino, so there's not a snowballs chance in the Bahama's that I'll be buying a Holo for my turkey taker. LOL. Mom always liked you best, didn't she. [8D]