HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ATV Polaris or Honda?
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 10:34 PM
BuckAlley
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ATV Polaris or Honda?

I"m sure I'm in the minority here, but I say try the Arctic Cat. I've never owned any other brand, but I did do alot of test riding of the other makes before I bought my first atv in 2001. Its been my only machine since 01' Cat 500 auto. I love my machine. No its not one of the fastest machines, about 55mph tops. But I didn't buy it for speed. I use my machine to plow snow all winter, disc my food plots, haul wood, gravel, and rough trail riding through my woods where atv trails don't exist. I pretty much beat the crap out of my machine. How many problems have I had with it? ZERO! The machine has been awesome for me. Its never been back to the shop for repairs. I've only changed the oil, cleaned the air filter, and replaced a few fender rivets with small bolts. I did blow a headlight this winter while plowing, and have to replace that now. other then those minor deals, its been awesome. I wouldn't trade it for any other make.

All I can recommend is figure out what you want in a machine, and go test every make, and model you can. Oh, and 1 more thing. My machine has gone many places I've had my neighbors Polaris Sportsman get stuck. Plus my machine is still stock!