HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Williams firesight
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 10:04 AM
Jollyarcher
Typical Buck

Default RE: Williams firesight

ORIGINAL: 357bubba

So does the universal set ($33) come with front and rear sites, and does the firesight bead($16) only come with the front bead and no rear sight.

Jollyarcher, why do u think u had trouble with the front sight being too high?

Thanks
I'm not sure on your first question, but I can tell you that my sights came in at $39.99 with both the front and rear sight units. There is no model number on the package... just the title, "Universal Vent Rib Slugger Shotgun Fire Sight Set" across the back. I would bet you're right though... and at $33 scoots for both, you're getting a real good deal.

As far as why I had trouble, yup, I can answer right away. I do not get down onto the stock as tight as most shotgun shooters. It's all in the way I shoot, which is not a problem per say, since I can hit anything as accurately as the next fellow, and certainly nothing wrong with the sights. It's just that I prefer to keep a high cheek off the comb of the stock... espeically with 3 1/2" shells... as they get to slamming the face / cheek bone area pretty hard. I've been bruised by them, and that ain't no fun. As a result, I run out of elevation and must use a lower profile front sight. Not a big deal really, and I've not seen a better rear sight than the Williams... yet anyway.