HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sunday hunting in Maine
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 01:07 PM
adams

Default RE: Sunday hunting in Maine

I live on the border of Maine and New Hampshire and as a result I have hunted Sundays in NH for quite a while to virtually double the amount of time I get to spend in the woods. I know a lot of hunters that buy NH tags because they work a M-F 9-5 and can squeeze two days of hunting in where as in Maine there is only one day a weekend to hunt. Although it may result in some lands being posted there is enough public land or "mulituse" lands such as papercompany land that people can hunt without incrouching on property owners. To say:
The guides, hunters, general population and most important the landowners don't want it.
Is a pretty general statement. From what I see I think it's about a 50/50 split. the tree hugger definately don't want it but I don't see any hunters fighting the change.

I for one would openly welcome the change. When I drive to my camp in Hancock co or up to visit family in Washington Co I could get a couple of full days in as opposed to just a single day on the weekend. Not to mention that it would make for much better 3 day weekends to not have a "wasted" in the middle.

That's just my take though.