HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Omega,yes or no
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2005, 07:01 AM
Triple Se7en
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Omega,yes or no

I am contemplating buying a new Omega after i get my new bow.What i would like to know is,should i buy it and what kind of accuracy can i expect from it.Those of you shooting it with excellent results,what kind of loads are you pushing through it?I am looking for honest answers and no brand biases please.Thanks to a
==============================================

Yes... it's a top-tier inline with a top-tier warranty. The only quirks with some is the hollow synthetic butt-stock that needs to weighed-down & sprayed with foam to reduce felt recoil and noisy branches banging against the stock. Or buy the wood version like I did. Another quirk with all is smallish trigger guard. Most hunting gloves work the cocked trigger ... but not the real bulky ones. You may need to buy gloves with shooting fingers.

100 grains with any bullet 240-300 will get you started nicely. I use 777 FFF with mild primers to negate 777 crud rings. I get the powder for $16.20 whenver I buy bulk primers in lots of 1000... thus avoiding the 777 HAZMAT fee that's already attached to the 209 primers.