HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 45/vs 50 caliber inlines
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 07:53 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: 45/vs 50 caliber inlines

But it's the HYPE you know
what I'm talking about
Nope, you have me lost. I have been shooting ML a long time and don't have a clue what you are saying. From sidelocks to 45's to pistols to 54cal. I have a feeling, not sure, that alot of people don't know what you are talking about.

Lots of KE info about everywhere you look from Hornady to Barnes, to PR bullets. Load data everywhere has it. My barnes, and nosler manuals have it. I fairly sure the lymans do. OneShot comes on here from time to time and he discussed it in detail.

There are all kinds of bullets out there where you can shoot a .357", .40" and .429" out of a 50. Like the M1 Abrams, big bore, small projectile, excellent bullistics. Thats the whole concept of the sabot design.

With my load kicking out a 245gr barnes bullet at 2100fps, I have 1600ft/lbs of energy at 100 yards and well over 1000ft/lbs at 200.

With a 45 kicking out a 195gr barnes expander, you would have to launch that badboy at 2500fps to match that at 100 and 200. Which I have yet to see.

And not to mention 90% of all ML shots are usually under 100 yards. Sooooo, which way is the hype again?