HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tuning the Single Cam?
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2002, 09:15 AM
Pinwheel 12
Typical Buck

Default RE: Tuning the Single Cam?

Shooter form has alot to do with shooting a single cam consistently.If you are a machine, no worrries. If you are not, (like most of us) you'll have occasional "miscues" with them. If you creep on single cams, you will get "flyers" because the system cannot be adjusted to "balance-out" any imperfections in form and have the same impact points whether you creep or overdraw. This is especially apparrent on uphill and downhill shots, and is where with alot of archers it happens most frequently. Sometimes archers also just "relax" a little at full draw, and creep slightly. All it takes is a 1/16 of an inch to throw you shot off considerably at various distances with them, depending upon which conventional one cam you are shooting, and what dynamic differential one end has from the other. It is an impossibility to "balance" them because there is no opposite cam to do it with, and no other alternate way to do it. Therefore, the bottom line is single cam bows cannot be tuned to a fine degree. Up to each individual to decide "how much is enough", personally I want my equipment tuned so I don't get "any surprises" in any given situation. Just my own thoughts, Pinwheel 12