HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How important is shaft straightness for hunting??
Old 02-18-2005, 04:45 AM
gibblet

Default RE: How important is shaft straighness for hunting??

bowfanatic, i agree completely about spine. it has been more important in my tuning experience than the difference between .003 and .006. i used to shoot gt 55/75's and could never get tuned out of my 70 lb patriot, never. all a certain shop owner here sells to all his shooters is 55/75's. i ordered some 75/95's and my tuning issues disappeared.

blodg, i have never owned any acc's. i'm a loyal gt shooter. i have read and been very interested by much of your technical info, and i will take you up on your advice to try them out. couple ?'s, if they have carbon and aluminum, which blade do you cut them with? and i shoot a 70 lb 29" draw patriot sc with 452x strings and cables, i know nothing about ordering the correct ones, which one do you reccomend for proper spine for my setup? i'd rather be a little stiff on spine than just at the edge of what an arrow is listed for a particular setup, at least that's what i've learned from shooting gold tips. any help in letting me know which acc's would be proper for me would be greatly appreciated.