HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pike County, Illinois
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2005, 11:20 PM
MidwestPropertyMan

Default Pike County, Illinois

Hey Guys,

Here are some of the farms we have listed for sale in and around Pike County, IL.

1: 160 acres in Adams County
126.5 acres CRP $10,120.00/year for the next 4 years
53.5 timber
$2150/acre

This farm lays out fairly well. I feel in a few years when it goes out of CRP there could be quite a bit done to enhance this farm. Price is fair.

2: 200 acres in Pike County
Nice large house on property that conveys with property
Multiple outbuildings and shops
60 acres tillable
20 acres pasture
120 acres timber
$75/acre CRP payment
$3200/acre

This is one of the premier farms in the area. It lies right on Dutch Creek, one
of the premier area's of the county. The price seems on the high side but, a comparable farm just down the road from this one just sold for $3850/acre. I think for someone who wants to have a farm with a nice house, it doesn't get much better than this one.

3: 40 acres in Brown County
100% timber
$2400/acre

This is a nice tract for someone who is not looking to spend a ton of cash but,would like to have somewhere to have a good chance at that buck of a lifetime.

4: 155 acres in Pike County
76 acres tillable bringing $70/acre cash rent
14 acres CRP bringing $68.90/acre
65 acres timber
$2650/acre

This is an all around good farm. It has the right balance of timber and tillable ground. Located in an area that is well known for producing bruisers every year.

5: 2244 acres in Schuyler County
732 acres tillable
62 acres CRP
1450 acres of timber
tillable ground bringing over $100,000/year cash rent
never been timbered, estimated over $1,000,000 in timber on farm
$2650/acre

This is the ultimate farm. You just don't find 2000+ acre farms in this area. This farm is not broken up at all, it is one solid tract. With almost 1500 acres in timber, it is one of the best farms in the area. Tillable ground in the area of this farm is bringing around $4000/acre so if you sell the tillable ground in the future, you cut the price of this farm in half. If a group of guys are looking for a great investment and the ultimate hunting paradise, this is it!

If any of these properties interest you, please contact me and I can give you any more information, or set up a showing.

Thanks,

Scott Gatewood
217-491-0181
McCartney Real Estate
[email protected]