HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Disabled guy with a hunting lodge here.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:35 AM
skunkman

Default Disabled guy with a hunting lodge here.

Hi guys

I’m a newbie to this forum. I’m disabled and on social security disability. (Funny name, they aren’t very social or offer much security) I don’t have any tails about getting approved. From the day they found my advanced stage 4 cancer to the operating room for my first of 12 surgeries and months of morphine was only 3 days. All those battles were fought by my then new redheaded girlfriend now my wife. I wouldn’t be alive without her. I did have a bad moment after I gave her power of attorney, when she told me she liquidated every cent I had and it was gone. Good thing too. My health insurance bailed out after the first operation. All totaled, surgeries, chemo and radiation, hospital stays, I even died on them once, it cost close to a million they figure. Medicare/Medicaid would not touch me if I had any assets what so ever.

I made it and now it’s time go on with my life and to give back. I’m opening a hunting lodge. I’m trying to make it available for the disabled. I would like some input from you guys what I might need to set it up. My cancer was of the lymph nodes under my jaw. It traveled to the base of my tongue and down my throat and around my neck. I lost my tongue and they rebuilt my neck from other parts of me. I’m very active now and I got to keep my vocal cords but I can’t work in a regular workplace because I can’t talk well, and because of the need to eat often by stomach tube and I can’t sleep all night without choking so I have to take a hour here and a hour there. Oddly enough I am an excellent cook and even better baker. A skill I greatly developed after my cancer. But I know now that I cannot begin to imagine what someone else's disablity is like.

The lodge is on 2 floors but I have ground level entrances on both floors. Sleeping and eating on the top floor and TV room, card room and bar on the bottom. I don’t think I can afford to get a pool table this season, money is still very tight. My big house was once a restaurant with a commercial kitchen, a social club and once was even a private club for couples looking for adventure (wink, wink, nudge, nudge). So most of the things the lodge needs are here.

So let me know what you would like to see in a lodge, besides the women looking for adventure. You can just email me if you want.
[email protected]

I’m not selling anything or even promoting the lodge. It’s not even open yet. This is nothing more than a desire to do it right.