HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How important is shaft straightness for hunting??
Old 02-17-2005, 11:00 AM
BigJ71
Site Bouncer

Default RE: How important is shaft straighness for hunting??

Straightarrow

Just because there is a difference between the two arrows dosen't mean people can tell by shooting them.

What i'm saying is that the difference (about the thickness of a human hair) would not be noticed by 99% of the people on this board. I understand there is a difference in the two arrows so don't put words in my mouth.
you should not try to convince others that all are the same.
I am not trying to convince the others that they are the same, I'm trying to convince them that most of them will never be able to tell the difference in a hunting situation. Including myself.

That was the original question right, How important is shaft straightness for hunting? Maybe I should have asked him what his definition of hunting was. I figured he was talking about north american game ie deer, elk, moose, bear, etc... If that is the case (and I think it is) then you are talking about 40yd shots and in. I still contend that the difference in the arrow flight between two quality arrows from quality manufactures of different straightness .001 to .006 would not be noticed by 99% of hunters on this board.

I told him that his extra money would be better spent at the range practicing.