HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - remington's 3" accuracy guaranty
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2005, 09:36 AM
oldelkhunter
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: remington's 3" accuracy guaranty

About a year ago I had a 700 mountain rifle(synthetic stock) in 7-08. I took it to the range and it shot fine not great but fine 1 - 1 1/2 in groups with 140 grain factory corelockts. It had the pencil barrel which I will never purchase again. I sold the rifle to a guy who called me a few weeks later after the inspection period expired and he is telling me it is shooting 6" groups at 100. he was really pissed at me I could tell. He was shooting handloads. I suggested he try factory corelockts and I never got a call back from him after that. I am thinking maybe that soda straw pencil barrel is very temperamental. I would call Remington and escalate it big time and it can be done and get that barrel replaced if your shooting groups like that. Tightening screws will account for a fraction of an inch difference at best . There is something fundamentally wrong with either the barrel , a locking lug is not seatiedright or the action to stock fit is not right. This is not rocket science. Don't screw with the gun get it back to Remington and let them make it right.