HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - FMJ
Thread: FMJ
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2005, 07:44 PM
dkhamner
Fork Horn

Default RE: FMJ

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

It should be handled more responible in texas, but I was hoping common sense and conscience would prefail.

I am not going to say it should be outlawed to mow down animals and let em sit like you do, just a agrivation for us ethical hunters has to put up with and cover up.
i wish the world was perfect, it once was, we can all thank a sly little serpant for the loss of our perfect world.

some ranchers have hard times with prarie dogs. so they open the place to hunters to kill them off. some ranchers poison them off. is that ethical? the prarie dogs are just minding their lives just living but they are a hazard to cattle. i dont know of anyone that eats prarie dogs but they are hazard to cattle, which is a source of income to ranchers. these ranchers would concider them pests. same way with the farmers and hogs. they are pests. if these populations aren't controled they would take over the place. its bad when high school kids in the small town of memphis texas have their ffa show pigs in a pen behind the high school and the wild pigs are breaking in the pens to get to the sows. the town police have killed one boar on the country club golf course, which is in the middle of town, one boar two blocks from the court house.

i dont think its hunting when a person pays thousands of dollars to hunt a high fenced lease. to me thats not hunting or ethical. i have no remorse killing wild pigs and leaving them lay. its time to quite beating this dead horse, we all have our stand on this topic.